For a while now I’ve been slowly ripping off functionalities from KC Settings to make it more modular. Today, I’m releasing a helper plugin for you theme/plugin developers out there. This plugin should speed up your development time when creating a settings page for your plugin/theme.
I’m not sure if I’ll be releasing this plugin on WPORG. For now, you can clone/download it from GitHub.
A few days ago, I created an Indonesian translation for the Stream plugin. It’s been a while since I used POEdit to create/update translations, so this post will serve as a reminder for me. :)
Before creating the translation for the Stream plugin, I needed to make some changes to the translatable strings so that translators can freely place the tokens. As we all know, each language has its own style, structure, and whatnot, so forcing the order of words in a sentence is a bad idea.
If you’re using the GitLab image for your droplet in DigitalOcean VPS, don’t forget to update the
server_name directive in the Nginx config file (should be located at
/etc/nginx/sites-available/gitlab) or you’ll get weird errors.
Also, don’t forget to change the password of MySQL root user and update GitLab’s
database.yml config file:)
A while ago, I wrote about how you can add custom classes to your widgets. I’ve also created a plugin that’s available in WPORG but haven’t been updated in a while.
I’m announcing a new plugin, Widget Attributes, that you can use to add custom attributes to your widgets. Currently, it only supports the ID and classes and maybe will support adding custom attributes in the future. For now, you can download it from here. I’m submitting this plugin to WPORG and will retire the old one (I don’t like the name) and will update this post once it’s approved.
The plugin is now live!
I recently encountered this error when running
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function cli\line() in …/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/php-cli-tools/lib/cli/Table.php on line 107
The FAQ says that you will need to install the
php-process package, but there’s no such package nor USE flag in Gentoo. After some digging, I found out that the
sharedmem are the USE flags that need to be added.