For a while now I’ve been slowly ripping off functionalities from KC Settings to make it more modular. Today, I’m releasing a helper plugin for you theme/plugin developers out there. This plugin should speed up your development time when creating a settings page for your plugin/theme.
I’m not sure if I’ll be releasing this plugin on WPORG. For now, you can clone/download it from GitHub.
A few days ago, I created an Indonesian translation for the Stream plugin. It’s been a while since I used POEdit to create/update translations, so this post will serve as a reminder for me. :)
Before creating the translation for the Stream plugin, I needed to make some changes to the translatable strings so that translators can freely place the tokens. As we all know, each language has its own style, structure, and whatnot, so forcing the order of words in a sentence is a bad idea.
Continue reading →
A while ago, I wrote about how you can add custom classes to your widgets. I’ve also created a plugin that’s available in WPORG but haven’t been updated in a while.
I’m announcing a new plugin, Widget Attributes, that you can use to add custom attributes to your widgets. Currently, it only supports the ID and classes and maybe will support adding custom attributes in the future. For now, you can download it from here. I’m submitting this plugin to WPORG and will retire the old one (I don’t like the name) and will update this post once it’s approved.
The plugin is now live!
I recently encountered this error when running
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function cli\line() in …/wp-cli/vendor/wp-cli/php-cli-tools/lib/cli/Table.php on line 107
The FAQ says that you will need to install the
php-process package, but there’s no such package nor USE flag in Gentoo. After some digging, I found out that the
sharedmem are the USE flags that need to be added.
Just a quick note to those of you using KC Settings. As of version 2.6.8, all variables in kcSettings class have been merged and set to private. So if you’ve previously used
kcSettings::$data, you will need to change your code to use the available method:
kcSettings::get_data(). This static method behaves exactly like
kc_get_option(), so you can put as many arguments (the array keys) as you like there to get the data you need, for example:
kcSettings::get_data('settings', 'plugin', 'myprefix', 'mysection')